Monday, May 20, 2013

Memories of a Childhood Part 2

My earliest memory? I think it would be summers with my cousins. Once a upon a time, as kids, me, my sister and some of our cousins would spend the summer at my Uncle's house in Rizal. The house they lived in was very Filipino, in a sense that a lot of families live in it. My Uncle's wife, whose family owns that house, have 2 or 3 siblings. Her sisters live there with their own families. Plus I have two cousins who live there whose Mom was in the US and their Dad lives somewhere else with another family. Technically, majority are my third cousins but because we were close then, I treat them like firsts. So imagine the number of kids who ran around that house during summers.



I remember, waiting at the porch for some of my cousins and yell "Summer! Summer!" to tease them about them failing their subjects and having to take summer classes while we lounge about at their house, free from all that.

We would wait around for my Aunt to cook lunch or dinner and attack the food once its there like we were too hungry and deprived (we were actually, not). Like the way, my Aunt would cut up her Tortang Giniling like pizza and hand each one of us a slice to partner with the steamed rice. Aahhh bliss. I suddenly miss Tortang Giniling with UFC Banana catsup.



Those were fun memories. Had I known that by the time I'm at my 20s, I won't be seeing them as much, I would've made more memories. Maybe.... Maybe not. Some of them, I don't quite like anymore. Haha. Well, I guess, I said, would've, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment